Set the bread machine timer so that you will be greeted by a fresh loaf when you rise. Nibble a slice plain or with one of our spreads, above. You can also make this bread by hand.
- Portion size 1 serving
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoons quick-rising (instant) dry yeast
- 3/4 teaspoons quick-rising (instant) bread machine yeast
Remove baking pan from large (1-1/2- to 2-lb/750 g to I kg) bread machine. Add to pan (in order) water, orange rind, sugar, butter, salt, flour, poppy seeds, and cardamom (if using). Sprinkle yeast over top, making sure it does not touch liquid.
According to manufacturer's instructions, choose basic or regular/light setting. When baked, immediately remove pan from machine; shake loaf from pan. Let cool completely on rack.
Nutritional facts Per serving, about:
- Protein 4 g
- Calories 155.0
- Total fat 3 g
- Total carbohydrate 28 g