Gremolada, a trio of lemon, garlic and parsley, sparks up most green vegetables, particularly green beans. If you like, toss these with 2 tbsp (25 mL) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese at the end.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: September 2004
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 cups green beans trimmed (about 1 lb/500 g)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
In large deep skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat; add green beans, garlic, salt and pepper, tossing to coat.
Add 1/4 cup (50 mL) water; bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium; steam until beans are tender-crisp and water is evaporated, about 8 minutes. Toss with parsley and lemon rind.
Nutritional facts <b>Per serving:</b> about
- Sodium 293 mg
- Protein 3 g
- Calories 76.0
- Total fat 4 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Total carbohydrate 11 g
- Iron 14.0
- Folate 20.0
- Calcium 6.0
- Vitamin A 10.0
- Vitamin C 30.0