- Portion size 4 servings
- 1 baking potato peeled and diced
- 5 1/2 cups orecchiette pasta
- 5 1/2 cups fusilli pasta
- 1 pkg fresh spinach coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste or 5 anchovies, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch hot pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
In large pot of boiling salted water, cook potato and pasta for 6 minutes. Stir in spinach; cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until pasta is tender but firm. Reserving 1/3 cup cooking water, drain pasta mixture and return to pot.
Meanwhile, in skillet, heat oil over low heat; cook garlic, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in anchovy paste, pepper and hot pepper flakes until well combined.
Add garlic mixture and reserved cooking water to pasta mixture; toss to coat. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.