This simple mix of colourful peppers is ideal as a side dish with grilled or roasted meats or fish, or served as part of an antipasto platter.
- Portion size 6 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: September 2004
- 2 sweet red peppers
- 2 green peppers
- 2 yellow peppers
- 1 banana pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Seed, core and cut red, yellow and green peppers into 1/2-inch (1 cm) wide strips. Seed and thinly slice banana pepper.
In large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat; sauté onion, garlic, salt and pepper until onion is softened, about 3 minutes.
Add sweet and hot peppers; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Toss with parsley.
Nutritional facts <b>Per serving:</b> about
- Sodium 195 mg
- Protein 1 g
- Calories 79.0
- Total fat 5 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Total carbohydrate 9 g
- Iron 5.0
- Folate 10.0
- Calcium 2.0
- Vitamin A 20.0
- Vitamin C 263.0