- Portion size 8 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: March 2011
- 2 lbs pork ribs (spare, side or back)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons malt syrup
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 4 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
MethodCut rib racks in half; arrange in single layer in 13- x 9-inch (3 L) baking dish. Sprinkle with soy sauce, turning to coat; let stand for 2 minutes.
Combine garlic, coriander, five-spice powder and pepper; rub all over ribs. Turn meat-side up; cover with foil. Roast in 375°F (190°C) oven for 1 hour.
Meanwhile, in small saucepan, bring pineapple juice concentrate, sugar, malt syrup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and vinegar to boil; boil over medium-high heat until reduced by about half, 4 to 5 minutes.
Pour off fat from ribs; brush with about one-third of the warm pineapple glaze. Roast, uncovered, for 35 minutes, turning and brushing with remaining glaze twice.
Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into single-rib portions.
Nutritional facts per each of 8 servings: about
- Sodium 279 mg
- Protein 16 g
- Calories 259.0
- Total fat 14 g
- Potassium 231 mg
- Cholesterol 55 mg
- Saturated fat 5 g
- Total carbohydrate 17 g
- Iron 10.0
- Folate 3.0
- Calcium 3.0
- Vitamin C 10.0