- Portion size 70 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Holiday Cookbook: Fall 2010
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2/4 cups unsalted butter softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped shelled pistachio nut
- 1/3 cup chopped dried sour cherries
- 3 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 3 tablespoons coarse sugar
MethodIn small bowl, rub granulated sugar with lemon rind.
In bowl, beat butter with lemon sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg yolk and lemon juice. Mix in flour and salt to form smooth dough. Mix in pistachios and cherries. Divide in half. Form each into 9-inch (23 cm) log; flatten sides to form into long 1-1/2- x 1-inch (4 x 2.5 cm) rectangle.
Spread turbinado sugar over waxed paper. Press sides of both rectangles into sugar to adhere. Wrap each and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
Cut each into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick slices. Arrange, 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart, on parchment paper–lined baking sheets.
Bake in 325°F (160°C) oven until edges are golden, about 14 minutes. Let cool on pans on racks for 5 minutes; transfer to racks and let cool completely.
Nutritional facts Per cookie: about
- Sodium 9 mg
- Protein 1 g
- Calories 43.0
- Total fat 3 g
- Potassium 15 mg
- Cholesterol 8 mg
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Total carbohydrate 5 g
- Iron 1.0
- Folate 3.0
- Vitamin A 2.0