Choose your roll — submarine, hot dog bun or short baguette — for a hero of a sandwich.
- Portion size 2 servings
- Credits : © CanadianLiving.com
- 2 bread rolls
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped peeled onions
- 1/4 sweet green pepper seeded, cored and slivered
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 2 slices smoked turkey (about 3 oz/90 g)
- 2 slices smoked ham (about 3 oz/90 g)
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Cut roll in half and brush cut sides with oil; broil until golden.
Place onion and green pepper in small microwaveable bowl. Microwave at High for 1 minute or until softened; set aside.
Transfer top halves of buns to cutting board; set aside.
Using spoon, spread bottom halves of buns with half of the pizza sauce. Cover with equal amounts of onion, green pepper, turkey and cheese.
Broil for about 1 minute or just until cheese melts. Spread cut side of top halves of buns with remaining sauce. Sandwich with bottom halves.