- Portion size 2 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: May 2004
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup pasta sauce
- 2 oz thinly sliced pepperoni
- 2 oz thinly sliced salami
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced black olive (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced green olive (optional)
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 panini buns
Cut 2 oval panini buns horizontally in half. Spread or brush cut sides with pizza or pasta sauce. Layer pepperoni, green pepper and olives (optional) on bottom halves; sprinkle with cheese. Sandwich with top half, spread side down.
Heat indoor or outdoor grill, grill pan or skillet over medium-low heat. Grill panini, pressing occasionally with spatula and rotating one-quarter turn halfway through to create cross-hatched grill marks, until bottom is crusty, about 4 minutes. Turn and cook, pressing and rotating halfway through, until crusty and cheese is melted, about 4 minutes.