Drain olives and sun-dried tomatoes, then pat dry before chopping. Store tuiles uncovered on rack to keep them crisp.
- Portion size 30 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Holiday Cookbook: Fall 2010
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped oil-cured black olives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
MethodIn bowl, combine cheese, butter, olives, tomatoes and oregano; stir in egg whites. Stir in flour to make thick paste.
Using 2-1/2-inch (6 cm) round cutter as guide, draw 8 circles on parchment paper. Turn paper over and place on baking sheet.
Place heaping 1 tsp (5 mL) batter in centre of each circle. Using palette knife, spread thinly to fill circle.
Bake in 325°F (160°C) oven until golden and bubbly on edges, about 8 minutes. Transfer to rack and let cool. Wipe off paper template and repeat with remaining batter.
Nutritional facts Per cookie: about
- Sodium 47 mg
- Protein 1 g
- Calories 27.0
- Total fat 2 g
- Potassium 14 mg
- Cholesterol 6 mg
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Total carbohydrate 1 g
- Iron 1.0
- Folate 1.0
- Calcium 2.0
- Vitamin A 2.0