- Prep time 15 minutes
- Total time 25 minutes
- Portion size 4 servings
- 4 (125 g each) Minute Rice® Ready to Serve Long Grain & Wild Rice – Fine Herb Cups
- 1 teaspoon (15 mL) orange zest
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) orange juice
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 bunch watercress , trimmed
- 1 orange , segmented and chopped
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) crumbled feta cheese
Prepare rice according to package directions. Let cool completely.
Whisk together orange zest and juice, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
Toss rice with orange vinaigrette. Stir in watercress, chopped orange segments and pomegranate seeds. Top with feta cheese.
1. Substitute dried cranberries for pomegranate seeds if desired.
2. You can substitute baby spinach or arugula for watercress.
3. Serve salad with grilled salmon if desired.
Nutritional facts Per serving
- Fibre 2 g
- Sodium 690 mg
- Sugars 7 g
- Protein 7 g
- Calories 330
- Total fat 13 g
- Cholesterol 10 mg
- Total carbohydrate 47 g