These tasty little cakes are great served with a tossed salad or creamy coleslaw. Add a dollop of mayonnaise and a sprinkle of sliced green onions for a delicious garnish.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2013
- 1 cup mashed, cooked, peeled sweet potato (about 1)
- 1/3 cup Slow Cooker Shredded Pork
- 1/3 cup shredded old Cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
MethodStir together sweet potato, pork, cheese, green onions, half of the bread crumbs, the egg, paprika, salt and pepper.
Place remaining bread crumbs in shallow dish. Form pork mixture into 4 balls; roll in bread crumbs to coat.
In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook patties, flattening with spatula and turning once, until browned and heated through, about 6 minutes.
Nutritional facts Per cake: about
- Fibre 3 g
- Sodium 312 mg
- Sugars 6 g
- Protein 9 g
- Calories 189.0
- Total fat 8 g
- Cholesterol 68 mg
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Total carbohydrate 21 g
- Iron 11.0
- Folate 13.0
- Calcium 11.0
- Vitamin A 136.0
- Vitamin C 20.0