- Portion size 3 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: March 2006
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 12 oz/375 g)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 cups button mushrooms quartered
- 2 cups mushrooms quartered
- 1/2 sweet red pepper sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon crumbled dried sage
- 1 1/4 cup sodium-reduced chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 green onions sliced
Slice pork into 8 equal rounds; sprinkle with half each of the salt and pepper.
In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown pork, turning once, about 2 minutes. Transfer to plate.
Drain off any fat from pan. Add sliced onion, mushrooms, sliced red pepper, garlic, sage and remaining salt and pepper; saut?ntil onion and mushrooms are golden, about 5 minutes.
Add chicken stock and bring to boil; boil for 2 minutes. Whisk flour with 2 tbsp (25 mL) water; whisk into boiling sauce. Return pork to pan; simmer until sauce is thickened and just a hint of pink remains in pork, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with green onions.
Nutritional facts <b>Per each of 3 servings:</b> about
- Sodium 504 mg
- Protein 30 g
- Calories 234.0
- Total fat 8 g
- Cholesterol 67 mg
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Total carbohydrate 10 g
- Iron 19.0
- Folate 14.0
- Calcium 3.0
- Vitamin A 8.0
- Vitamin C 67.0