The spiced flavour of arugula adds a lift to this velvety soup. Serve with Red Pepper Corn Bread Muffins.
- Portion size 6 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2005
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 4 cups sodium reduced chicken stock
- 4 cups sodium reduced Homemade Chicken Broth recipe
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 bunch arugula stemmed (3 cups/750 ml)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped chorizo sausage
In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; fry onion, garlic, salt and pepper, stirring often, until softened, 4 minutes.
Add stock, 3 cups (750 mL) water and potato; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. In batches, transfer to blender or food processor and pur?until smooth. Return to saucepan. (Make-ahead: Let cool for 30 minutes; refrigerate until cold. Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 3 days.)
Garnish: Meanwhile, in small skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saut?ausage until browned, about 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, slice arugula into thin strips. Bring soup to boil and remove from heat; add arugula and lemon juice. Serve sprinkled with sausage.
Nutritional facts <b>Per serving:</b> about
- Sodium 367 mg
- Protein 8 g
- Calories 181.0
- Total fat 11 g
- Cholesterol 11 mg
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Total carbohydrate 13 g
- Iron 9.0
- Folate 12.0
- Calcium 5.0
- Vitamin A 5.0
- Vitamin C 13.0