This hearty soup has all the flavour of a stuffed baked potato – but no fork is required. It's ideal for cool nights, hot lunches or outdoor winter events. The flavour of any soup relies
on the stock you use, so homemade is best. However, if you don't have any on hand, a no-salt-added broth will work, too.
- Portion size 8 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2012
- 5 russet potatoes (2 lb/900 g total), peeled and chopped
- 1 sweet onion (such as Vidalia), chopped
- 4 bacon (4 oz/115 g total), chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 cups Easy Chicken Stock recipe
- 1 cup shredded old Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon (about 5 slices)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup sour cream
MethodIn slow cooker, combine potatoes, onion, bacon, garlic, salt, pepper and rosemary. Pour in stock.
Cover and cook on low for 5 to 8 hours.
Skim off fat. Using immersion blender, purée soup until smooth.
Garnish: Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish with cheese, bacon, chives and sour cream.