Challenge your children to eat every colour of the rainbow by offering vegetables for every arc (except maybe blue!). Young ones may have room for only one pizza, but older kids or adults may want two. Have kids help in the assembly and make their own “rainbows.” We used an assortment of vegetables, but this will also work with vegetables that you have on hand. Or choose vegetables you think the kids will try. You'll need to double the Marinara Dipping Sauce recipe.
- Portion size 6 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: March 2012
- 3 multigrain pita pockets (6 inches/15 cm)
- 3 whole wheat pita pockets (6 inches/15 cm)
- 1 cup Marinara Dipping Sauce recipe
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup quartered cherry tomato
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced sweet orange pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red cabbage
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet purple pepper
MethodUsing serrated knife, split pitas to make 6 rounds. Spread 2 tbsp Marinara Dipping Sauce evenly over each. Place on baking sheet.
Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over pitas. Sprinkle generous 1 tbsp each pineapple, tomatoes, zucchini, orange pepper and cabbage in rows over cheese.
Bake in 425?F (220?C) oven until cheese is bubbly and vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Fibre 4 g
- Sodium 431 mg
- Sugars 5 g
- Protein 10 g
- Calories 260.0
- Total fat 11 g
- Potassium 204 mg
- Cholesterol 16 mg
- Saturated fat 4 g
- Total carbohydrate 31 g
- Iron 16.0
- Folate 5.0
- Calcium 14.0
- Vitamin A 6.0
- Vitamin C 42.0