Lasagna sheets cut into strips taste fresh and luxurious in this dish.
- Portion size 6 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: March 2011
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 hot red pepper
- 3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 5 anchovy fillets chopped
- 3 tablespoons drained rinsed capers
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 2/3 cup prepared strained tomatoes (passata)
- 1 lb thawed large raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 bunch (340 g) rapini
- 1 pkg (360 g) lasagna noodles (sheets)
MethodIn Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Prick hot pepper 4 times with fork; add to oil. Add garlic, anchovies and capers; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in water, scraping up browned bits until dissolved.
Add tomatoes and bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half, about 7 minutes.
Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper; add to pan and simmer for 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, trim 1/2 inch (1 cm) from base of rapini stems; cut rapini into thirds. In large pot of boiling salted water, cook rapini until tender, about 4 minutes. With slotted spoon, remove rapini and drain; stir into sauce.
Cut lasagna sheets into thick strips; add to boiling water and cook until al dente, about 4 minutes. Drain and add to sauce; toss to coat.
Nutritional facts Per each of 6 servings: about
- Sodium 761 mg
- Protein 21 g
- Calories 332.0
- Total fat 10 g
- Potassium 279 mg
- Cholesterol 133 mg
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Total carbohydrate 39 g
- Iron 40.0
- Folate 57.0
- Calcium 11.0
- Vitamin A 19.0
- Vitamin C 23.0