To say that beans are a substitute for meat seems to imply that they're inferior. Nothing could be further from the truth — just try this lusty Slavic salad.
- Portion size 16 servings
- 2 cans well drained red kidney beans
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnut
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
In bowl, combine beans and walnuts.
Sauce: Blend together ingredients and add to bean mixture. Cover and marinate in refrigerator overnight; taste and adjust seasoning.