Check out the Canadian Living Test Kitchen video to see how easy this recipe is.
- Portion size 12 servings
- 1 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
Method1. Grease or line muffin cups with paper liners; set aside.
2. In large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, coriander, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk and butter; pour over dry ingredients. Sprinkle with red pepper; stir just until moistened. Spoon into prepared cups.
3. Bake in centre of 400°F (200°C) oven until tops are firm to the touch, about 25 minutes. Let stand in pan for 2 minutes. Serve warm or transfer to rack to let cool. (Make-ahead: Store in airtight container for up to 24 hours or wrap individually in plastic wrap and freeze in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.)
Nutritional facts Per muffin: about
- Sodium 191 mg
- Protein 4 g
- Calories 134.0
- Total fat 3 g
- Cholesterol 38 mg
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Total carbohydrate 21 g