- Portion size 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup extra-smooth ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter melted, or vegetable_oil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 lemon cut into 4 wedges
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberry
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh blueberry
In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
Press ricotta through fine sieve into separate large bowl. Whisk in egg, milk, butter and lemon rind; pour over dry ingredients and stir just until moistened (batter may be slightly lumpy).
Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat; brush lightly with vegetable oil. Pour 1/4 cup (50 mL) batter per pancake into skillet, spreading with spatula to form 5-inch (12 cm) circles; cook until bottom is golden and bubbles break on top but do not fill in, 1-1/2 to 2 minutes. Turn and cook until golden on bottom, 1 to 2 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
Transfer to warmed plates. Using small sieve, sprinkle icing sugar over pancakes. Garnish servings with lemon wedge and blueberries.