Radishes, fennel and balsamic vinegar turn into a delightfully sweet side dish. Make sure to use skin-on bonein chicken for the ultimate flavour.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: October 2013
- 675 g skin-on bone-in chicken thighs
- 675 g skin-on bone-in chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb cored and thinly sliced
- 10 radishes trimmed and cut in 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
MethodSprinkle chicken thighs and drumsticks with half each of the salt and pepper. In large skillet, heat 1 tsp of the oil over medium heat; brown chicken, in batches and turning once, until golden, about 8 minutes. Discard fat.
Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk together remaining oil, salt and pepper; stir in fennel and radishes. Spread on large foil- or parchment paper– lined baking sheet. Top with chicken.
Bake in 400 F (200 C) oven until juices run clear when chicken is pierced, about 18 minutes. Remove chicken and tent with foil.
Broil vegetables until tender-crisp, about 2 minutes; toss with vinegar. Serve with chicken. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Nutritional facts per serving: about
- Fibre 3 g
- Sodium 544 mg
- Sugars 2 g
- Protein 44 g
- Calories 576.0
- Total fat 40 g
- Cholesterol 209 mg
- Saturated fat 11 g
- Total carbohydrate 8 g
- Iron 25.0
- Folate 16.0
- Calcium 7.0
- Vitamin A 10.0
- Vitamin C 32.0