- Portion size 8 servings
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram (or 1 tsp dried)
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 leg of lamb (about 2 -1/2 lb)
- 4 slices pancetta chopped
In large bowl, combine parsley, lemon rind and juice, oil, garlic, marjoram, caraway seeds, salt and pepper; set aside.
Trim fat from lamb. Cut slits all over lamb; insert pancetta piece in each. Add to marinade, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate, turning occasionally, for 8 hours. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 24 hours.)
Place lamb on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until meat thermometer registers 140°F (60°C) for rare, 20 to 30 minutes, or until desired doneness.
Transfer to cutting board and tent with foil; let stand for 10 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain. Serve with any accumulated juices.