Roasted garlic brings a lovely creaminess and subtle sweetness to this salad's bright vinaigrette.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: September 2011
- 4 cloves garlic (unpeeled)
- 3 sweet red peppers
- 1 can navy bean drained and rinsed
- 1 can white kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled soft goat cheese
MethodWrap garlic in foil; place on lined baking sheet along with red peppers. Roast in 425°F (220°C) oven, turning peppers occasionally, until skins are blistered, about 25 minutes for garlic, 35 minutes for peppers.
Transfer peppers to bowl; cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 15 minutes. Peel, seed and chop; transfer to clean bowl. Add beans.
Let garlic cool enough to handle; squeeze into small bowl. Whisk in oil, lemon juice, thyme, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper until smooth. Pour over red pepper mixture, tossing to coat. Sprinkle with goat cheese.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 777 mg
- Protein 13 g
- Calories 329.0
- Total fat 18 g
- Potassium 434 mg
- Cholesterol 9 mg
- Saturated fat 5 g
- Total carbohydrate 31 g
- Iron 19.0
- Folate 34.0
- Calcium 8.0
- Vitamin A 38.0
- Vitamin C 250.0