Serve alongside Hunter-Style Venison Meatloaf or your favourite beef, poultry or pork recipe. If sweet onions are not available, use cooking onions.
- Portion size 8 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: October 2007
- 8 sweet onions (about 2-1/2 lb/1.25 kg)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
MethodKeeping base of root end intact, trim off stem end of onions; peel. Cut each through root into quarters. In large bowl, gently toss together onions, oil, vinegar and salt.
Roast on foil-lined rimmed baking sheet in 425°F (220°C) oven for about 45 minutes or until tender.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 82 mg
- Protein 1 g
- Calories 72.0
- Total fat 3 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Saturated fat trace
- Total carbohydrate 10 g
- Iron 3.0
- Folate 10.0
- Calcium 2.0
- Vitamin C 8.0