Here's a slight twist to the ever-favourite Caesar salad.
- Portion size 6 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: May 2005
- 4 eggs
- 5 slices bacon
- 10 cups torn romaine lettuce (about 1 head)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
Arrange eggs in single layer in saucepan; pour in enough cold water to come at least 1 inch (2.5 cm) above eggs. Cover and bring to boil over high heat. Immediately remove from heat; let stand for 20 minutes. Drain and chill eggs in cold water. Peel and cut each egg into quarters. Set aside.
Meanwhile, in skillet, fry bacon over medium-high heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towel; crumble.
Dressing: In large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Add lettuce, onion and bacon; toss to coat. Garnish with eggs.
Nutritional facts <b>Per serving:</b> about
- Sodium 358 mg
- Protein 8 g
- Calories 106.0
- Total fat 7 g
- Cholesterol 129 mg
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Total carbohydrate 4 g
- Iron 12.0
- Folate 66.0
- Calcium 5.0
- Vitamin A 30.0
- Vitamin C 38.0