This is best served right away, when the pasta is freshly coated with the olive oil and pesto mixture.
- Portion size 8 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: March 2011
- 1 lb bucatini pasta
- 3/4 cups pine nuts
- 1 cup torn fresh basil leaf
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup finely grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
MethodIn large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the liquid.
Meanwhile, in mortar and pestle or with food processor, coarsely crush pine nuts, leaving some whole; transfer to large bowl. Add basil, parsley, Romano cheese, oil, lemon zest and juice, pepper and salt; stir to combine.
Toss in pasta and enough of the reserved cooking liquid to coat.
Nutritional facts Per each of 8 servings: about
- Sodium 297 mg
- Protein 11 g
- Calories 376.0
- Total fat 18 g
- Potassium 181 mg
- Cholesterol 4 mg
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Total carbohydrate 45 g
- Iron 24.0
- Folate 58.0
- Calcium 7.0
- Vitamin A 6.0
- Vitamin C 13.0