Bake Fest 2009
- Portion size 8 servings
- Credits : Bake Fest 2009
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 2 1/2 cups warm milk
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 egg yolks beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Gay Lea Spreadables® Butter
- 1 1/4 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
Method1. Combine 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) of the chocolate chips with corn syrup in large, heavy saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring often, until chips are melted. Meanwhile, whisk 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the milk with cornstarch until smooth; gradually whisk into remaining milk, then into chocolate mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 4 minutes or until thickened.
2. Remove the pudding from heat. Whisk some of the hot pudding mixture with egg yolks and vanilla; stir into remaining hot pudding mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 4 minutes or until thick and glossy. Remove from heat and stir in butter; divide among 8 ovenproof bowls. Let cool to room temperature.
3. Place bowls on rimmed baking sheet. Divide marshmallows, graham cracker crumbs and remaining chocolate chips evenly among each bowl. Broil for 1 minute or just until marshmallows are golden.