Cut this thick baked frittata into wedges for an entrée or into diamonds for simple, delicious finger food.
- Portion size 24 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: April 2009
- 6 bacon chopped (4 oz/125 g)
- 4 oz dried Italian sausages chopped
- 4 oz dried hard salami chopped
- 3/4 cups chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 10 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
MethodIn 10-inch (25 cm) cast-iron or ovenproof nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp, about 6 minutes. Drain off fat.
Add sausage; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from heat. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 24 hours. To continue, spread in skillet.) Sprinkle with green onions and parsley.
Whisk together eggs, Parmesan cheese, milk and baking powder until light and frothy; pour over bacon mixture. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until set and golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
Let cool on rack for 10 minutes. Run spatula around and under frittata; invert onto plate. Cut into wedges.
Nutritional facts Per each of 24 pieces: about
- Sodium 180 mg
- Protein 5 g
- Calories 67.0
- Total fat 5 g
- Potassium 74 mg
- Cholesterol 84 mg
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Total carbohydrate 1 g
- Iron 4.0
- Folate 6.0
- Calcium 3.0
- Vitamin A 5.0
- Vitamin C 3.0