Heating mellows the big fat green olives.
- Portion size 375 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: August 2006
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 8 oz large green olives drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- lemon wedges
MethodIn skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; fry, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
Add green olives and oregano; fry until olives are hot and well coated, about 3 minutes.
Stir in lemon juice; cook just until liquid evaporates, about 1 minute. Transfer to serving bowl.
Garnish with lemon wedges.
Nutritional facts Per olive: about
- Sodium 187 mg
- Protein trace
- Calories 17.0
- Total fat 2 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Saturated fat trace
- Total carbohydrate trace
- Iron 1.0
- Calcium 1.0