- Prep time 10 minutes
- Total time 20 minutes
- Portion size 4 servings
- 2 cups (500 mL) Minute Rice® Premium Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 green onions , chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 8 cups (2 L) baby spinach
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) crumbled feta cheese
- Roasted chicken or salmon fillets (optional)
Cook rice according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; sauté tomatoes, green onions, salt and pepper for 3 or 4 minutes or until tomatoes start to soften. Add spinach; cook, stirring, for 2 or 3 minutes or until spinach just starts to wilt. Remove from heat; stir in feta cheese.
Spoon over rice. Serve with chicken or salmon (if using).
- Stir in 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh dill or 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano along with the tomatoes if desired.
- This dish is also delicious with grilled lamb chops.
Nutritional facts Per serving
- Fibre 5 g
- Sodium 390 mg
- Sugars 2 g
- Protein 9 g
- Calories 300
- Total fat 11 g
- Cholesterol 10 mg
- Total carbohydrate 42 g