Tender asparagus and meaty mushrooms finished with a touch of lemon juice make a light side for any roast. To save time, cut the vegetables and refrigerate them in an airtight container for up to 24 hours.
- Portion size 12 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: April 2013
- 2 tablespoons kosher olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 lb mixed fresh mushrooms (such as oyster, shiitake and cremini), sliced
- 2 bunches asparagus (2 lb/900 g total), trimmed, peeled and halved
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds toasted
MethodIn large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook garlic, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add mushrooms; cook, stirring often, until light golden and almost no liquid remains, about 8 minutes.
Add asparagus; cook, stirring often, until asparagus is tender-crisp and mushrooms are golden, about 8 minutes.
Add chives, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper; toss to combine. Serve sprinkled with almonds.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Fibre 2 g
- Sodium 62 mg
- Sugars 2 g
- Protein 3 g
- Calories 60.0
- Total fat 3 g
- Potassium 361 mg
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Saturated fat trace
- Total carbohydrate 7 g
- Iron 7.0
- Folate 40.0
- Calcium 2.0
- Vitamin A 6.0
- Vitamin C 10.0