Three different fillings provide a variety of tastes and colours. If you prefer one filling only, triple the ingredients for the one you choose.
- Portion size 60 servings
- 3/4 cups dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 pkg cream cheese softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
Peppy Pizza Filling:
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 sweet red pepper finely diced
- sweet red pepper
Smoked Salmon Filling:
- 1/3 cup finely chopped smoked salmon (about 2 oz/50 g)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- fresh dill sprigs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Spray 5 miniature tart tins generously with nonstick cooking spray or brush evenly with shortening. In bowl, combine bread crumbs and butter until moistened. Press 1 tsp (5 mL) into bottom of each tart tin. Bake in 300°F (150°C) oven for 8 minutes or until toasted and set.
In bowl, beat cream cheese; beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Beat in flour, salt and pepper; beat in sour cream. Divide batter among 3 bowls.
Smoked Salmon Filling: Stir salmon, dill and lemon juice into first bowl.
Peppy Pizza Filling: Stir tomato sauce, Parmesan, basil, oregano and diced red pepper into second bowl.
Tex-Mex Filling: Stir coriander, lime juice, chili powder, cumin and ginger into third bowl.
Spoon 1 tbsp (15 mL) filling over each tart base. Bake in 300°F (150°C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes or just until filling is set. Let cool to room temperature on rack. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or for up to 24 hours.
Run knife around edge of each cheesecake to loosen; transfer to serving platter. Garnish smoked salmon cheesecakes with fresh dill sprigs. Garnish pizza cheesecakes with red pepper slivers. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.