- Portion size 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb lean ground pork
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot (or 1 tsp/5 ml ground ginger)
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cabbage sliced (about 3-/12 cups/875 mL)
- 2 carrots thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
MethodSauce: In bowl, whisk together chicken stock, oyster sauce, sesame seeds, cornstarch and sesame oil; set aside.
Main Ingredients: In large wok or skillet, heat 1 tbsp of the vegetable oil over high heat; stir-fry pork in 2 batches, until browned, adding more oil if necessary, about 4 minutes per batch. Using slotted spoon, transfer to bowl.
Add remaining vegetable oil, onion, garlic and gingerroot to wok. Stir-fry over medium heat until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Vegetables: Add cabbage, carrots and stock; cover and steam until tender-crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Return pork to pan. Pour in sauce; cook, stirring, until glossy and thickened, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with green onion.