A hit of orange gives classic shrimp salad a twist. Add Brie and you have a decidedly elegant open-faced sandwich.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: February 2012
- 4 slices light rye bread
- 4 slices dark rye bread
- 1 bag (12 oz/340 g) frozen cooked peeled salad shrimp (size 150/200), thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 4 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 6 oz Brie cheese cut in 8 slices
MethodOn baking sheet, broil bread, turning once, until lightly toasted, 3 to 4 minutes.
Squeeze water from shrimp; pat dry with paper towel. In bowl, combine mayonnaise, chives, dill, orange zest and juice, salt and pepper; fold in shrimp.
Scoop about 2/3 cup onto each slice of toast. Top each with 2 slices of cheese.
Broil on baking sheet until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 1 minute.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 727 mg
- Protein 29 g
- Calories 344.0
- Total fat 19 g
- Potassium 284 mg
- Cholesterol 215 mg
- Saturated fat 9 g
- Total carbohydrate 14 g
- Iron 26.0
- Folate 28.0
- Calcium 12.0
- Vitamin A 15.0
- Vitamin C 8.0