Serve over rice for a quick, healthy meal.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2009
- 3/4 cups sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Chinese cooking wine
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch hot pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 green onions cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced gingerroot
- 1 lb large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 8 oz snow peas trimmed
- 1 can baby corn drained
- 1 carrots peeled and sliced diagonally
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
MethodIn glass measure, whisk together broth, cooking wine, cornstarch, salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes; set aside.
In wok or large skillet, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry green onions and ginger until fragrant, 1 minute. Add shrimp; stir-fry until pink, about 4 minutes. Transfer to plate.
Heat remaining oil in wok over medium-high heat; stir-fry peas, corn and carrot until tender-crisp, 3 minutes.
Add shrimp mixture. Whisk in broth mixture; boil, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Drizzle with sesame oil.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 921 mg
- Protein 22 g
- Calories 223.0
- Total fat 10 g
- Potassium 491 mg
- Cholesterol 129 mg
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Total carbohydrate 11 g
- Iron 29.0
- Folate 13.0
- Calcium 8.0
- Vitamin A 50.0
- Vitamin C 60.0