Elegant all-in-one shrimp cocktail bites bring bread, dip and seafood together beautifully. If you'd like to forgo the bread, the cocktail sauce alone is a great dip for shrimp. It also makes an ideal topper for broiled fish.
- Portion size 28 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: December 2013
- 7 slices white sandwich bread crusts removed
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 28 medium shrimp tails removed and rinsed (about 300 g)
- fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons tomato-based chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
MethodUsing rolling pin, flatten each slice of bread to 1/8-inch (3 mm) thickness; cut each into 4 squares. Brush cups of mini muffin tin with half of the butter.
Press square into each well; brush with remaining butter. Bake in 400 F (200 C) oven until golden, about 6 minutes. Let cool on rack.
Make-ahead: Let stand at room temperature for up to 3 hours.
Cocktail Sauce: Meanwhile, in bowl, stir together mayonnaise, cilantro, horseradish, chili sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
Fill each toast cup with about 1/2 tsp of the sauce; top with shrimp. Garnish with cilantro.
Nutritional facts per piece: about
- Fibre trace
- Sodium 84 mg
- Sugars 1 g
- Protein 3 g
- Calories 39.0
- Total fat 2 g
- Potassium 32 mg
- Cholesterol 23 mg
- Saturated fat trace
- Total carbohydrate 4 g
- Iron 4.0
- Folate 4.0
- Calcium 1.0
- Vitamin A 1.0