The 2001 Canada Day Chicken Challenge Runners-Up.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : © CanadianLiving.com
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 grainy brown buns
- 1 cup apple cider or 1/2 cup each of water and apple juice
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1/4 cup Asian chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce preferably Louisiana
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- mixed greens
In large bowl, mix together apple cider, maple syrup, coriander, chili sauce, soy sauce, pepper, hot sauce and garlic; add chicken, turning to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or for up to 24 hours.
In small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, maple syrup and mustard; set aside.
Reserving marinade, place chicken on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and cook for 6 minutes, brushing occasionally with reserved marinade. Turn and cook for about 6 minutes longer or until no longer pink inside.
Cut buns in half; toast cut sides on grill. Spread sauce evenly over cut sides.
Sandwich chicken, greens and tomatoes in bun.