This rich, savoury soup is the ultimate comfort for chilly nights. Serve with garlic toasts for the perfect accompaniment.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living New Slow Cooker Classics
- 1 lb Yukon Gold potato peeled and cubed
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts only), halved and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups shredded Savoy cabbage
- 1 can white kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 baguette
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic halved
MethodIn slow cooker, combine potatoes, leeks, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, broth and water.
Cover and cook on low until potatoes are tender, 6 to 8 hours.
Stir in cabbage and kidney beans; cook, covered, on high until cabbage is wilted and tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
Stir in parsley, olive oil and lemon juice. Serve with Parmesan.
Garlic Toasts: Meanwhile, cut baguette into 12 slices; brush with oil. Broil until golden. Rub with garlic. Serve with soup.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 1491 mg
- Protein 17 g
- Calories 440.0
- Total fat 14 g
- Potassium 847 mg
- Cholesterol 9 mg
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Total carbohydrate 68 g
- Iron 30.0
- Folate 59.0
- Calcium 19.0
- Vitamin A 15.0
- Vitamin C 53.0