Having breakfast cooking while you take your time getting up is always welcome during the weekend. Prep this strata the night before and drop it into the slow cooker for a no-effort brunch. Serve with a green salad.
- Portion size 8 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living New Slow Cooker Classics
- 12 cups cubed day-old bread (1 French or Italian loaf)
- 1 pkg (140 g) herbed goat cheese cubed
- 1/3 cup drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes thinly sliced
- 6 slices prosciutto slivered
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup 18% cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
MethodGrease bottom and side of slow cooker.
Toss together bread cubes, goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, prosciutto and basil; place in slow cooker.
Whisk together eggs, milk, cream, mustard and pepper; pour over bread mixture. Sprinkle with Asiago cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
Cover and cook on low until custard is firm and knife inserted in centre of strata comes out clean, about 4 hours.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Fibre 2 g
- Sodium 819 mg
- Sugars 5 g
- Protein 20 g
- Calories 408.0
- Total fat 22 g
- Potassium 379 mg
- Cholesterol 195 mg
- Saturated fat 11 g
- Total carbohydrate 33 g
- Iron 18.0
- Folate 29.0
- Calcium 21.0
- Vitamin A 21.0
- Vitamin C 8.0