If you are a lasagna fan, you will love this delicious combination of vegetables, beans, cheese and herbs.
- Portion size 8 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living New Slow Cooker Classics
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans bean medley drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 tub (500 g) 2% cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese (5 oz/140 g)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 pkg (300 g) frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 pkg (1 kg) prepared polenta cut in 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices
MethodIn large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, red pepper, garlic, herb seasoning, hot pepper flakes, pepper and salt, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in beans and pesto.
Stir together cottage cheese, 1/2 cup of the provolone cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg and spinach.
Spoon half of the bean mixture into slow cooker; top with half of the polenta and half of the cottage cheese mixture. Repeat layers once. Sprinkle with remaining provolone cheese.
Cover and cook on low until bubbly and hot, about 3 hours.
Nutritional facts Per each of 8 servings: about
- Sodium 1460 mg
- Protein 28 g
- Calories 469.0
- Total fat 19 g
- Potassium 750 mg
- Cholesterol 50 mg
- Saturated fat 7 g
- Total carbohydrate 49 g
- Iron 21.0
- Folate 22.0
- Calcium 36.0
- Vitamin A 45.0
- Vitamin C 50.0