Sweet honey and tender shallots mellow the typically strong flavour of lamb shoulder. Serve with roasted potatoes and steamed greens for a complete meal.
- Portion size 8 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: October 2013
- 3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 124 kg boneless lamb shoulder roast
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 6 shallots quartered
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
MethodCombine garlic, rosemary, lemon zest, salt and pepper; rub all over lamb. Place
in slow cooker. Whisk lemon juice with honey; pour over lamb. Add shallots. Cover and cook on low until lamb is tender, 7 to 8 hours.
Remove lamb to cutting board; tent with foil and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Skim fat from cooking liquid.
Whisk cornstarch with 2 tsp water; whisk into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high until thickened, about 10 minutes. Serve with lamb.
Nutritional facts per serving: about
- Fibre trace
- Sodium 241 mg
- Sugars 3 g
- Protein 31 g
- Calories 240.0
- Total fat 11 g
- Cholesterol 76 mg
- Saturated fat 4 g
- Total carbohydrate 5 g
- Iron 14.0
- Folate 28.0
- Calcium 3.0
- Vitamin A 1.0
- Vitamin C 3.0