Inspired by Thailand cuisine, this fragrant dish also works with beef or lamb. Kaffir lime leaves are used in traditional Thai cooking, but here lime zest and juice are substituted for a subtle hint of freshness.
- Portion size 8 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living New Slow Cooker Classics
- 3 lbs boneless pork shoulder
- 3 lbs boneless pork shoulder butt roast
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 sweet red pepper diced
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sodium-reduced beef broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted peanut
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 red chili pepper thinly sliced (optional)
MethodTrim and cut pork into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes.
In slow cooker, combine pork, potatoes, onion, red pepper, coconut milk, beef broth, ginger, curry paste, fish sauce and garlic.
Cover and cook on low until pork is tender, 7 to 9 hours.
Whisk flour with 2 tbsp water until smooth; whisk into slow cooker. Cook, covered, on high until thickened, about 15 minutes. Stir in lime zest and juice.
Serve with peanuts, cilantro, and red chili (if using) to sprinkle over top.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 386 mg
- Protein 42 g
- Calories 528.0
- Total fat 24 g
- Potassium 1309 mg
- Cholesterol 109 mg
- Saturated fat 12 g
- Total carbohydrate 39 g
- Iron 34.0
- Folate 23.0
- Calcium 5.0
- Vitamin A 7.0
- Vitamin C 67.0