Pork chops, plus a handful of pantry ingredients, mean a no-fuss, no-stress dinner is ready and waiting for you when you get home.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living New Slow Cooker Classics
- 2 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes peeled and sliced crosswise about 1/8 inch (3 mm) thick
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in pork loin centre chops (about 1 inch/2.5 cm thick)
- 1/2 cup sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
MethodIn slow cooker, combine potatoes, onion, thyme, salt and pepper; arrange pork chops on top. Pour broth over chops.
Cover and cook on low until pork is tender, 6 to 8 hours.
Transfer pork, potatoes and onion to serving platter; cover and keep warm. Skim fat from liquid in slow cooker.
Whisk flour with 2 tbsp water until smooth; whisk into slow cooker. Cook, covered, on high until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
Stir in parsley and vinegar. Pour over chops.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 615 mg
- Protein 42 g
- Calories 378.0
- Total fat 4 g
- Potassium 1282 mg
- Cholesterol 110 mg
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Total carbohydrate 43 g
- Iron 19.0
- Folate 15.0
- Calcium 6.0
- Vitamin A 3.0
- Vitamin C 30.0