This sauce has a bit of heat to it. For those who prefer things mild, decrease the hot pepper flakes to 1/4 tsp. Serve with pasta to soak up the piquant sauce.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living New Slow Cooker Classics
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can tomato
- 1/2 cup kalamata olive halved and pitted
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 4 bone-in pork loin centre chops (about 1 inch/2.5 cm thick) trimmed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon drained caper
MethodIn slow cooker, combine onion, garlic, tomatoes, olives, tomato paste, salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes, breaking up tomatoes with spoon. Nestle pork chops into sauce.
Cover and cook on low until pork is tender, 6 to 8 hours.
Transfer pork to plate; cover and keep warm.
Whisk flour with 2 tbsp water until smooth; whisk into slow cooker. Cook, covered, on high until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
Stir in basil and capers. Serve with pork.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 1277 mg
- Protein 41 g
- Calories 465.0
- Total fat 24 g
- Potassium 1235 mg
- Cholesterol 125 mg
- Saturated fat 6 g
- Total carbohydrate 21 g
- Iron 29.0
- Folate 12.0
- Calcium 11.0
- Vitamin A 7.0
- Vitamin C 53.0