Serve this simple saucy chicken stew over rice or pasta for a delicious dinner. Skinless chicken drumsticks could be used in place of the thighs.
- Portion size 6 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living New Slow Cooker Classics
- 4 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 jar (340 ml) roasted red peppers drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs halved
- 3 oz pancetta cubed
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
MethodIn food processor, purée together tomatoes, red peppers and tomato paste until smooth; pour into slow cooker.
Stir in chicken, pancetta, onion, garlic, paprika and salt.
Cover and cook on low until juices run clear when chicken is pierced, 6 to 8 hours.
Whisk flour with 2 tbsp water until smooth; whisk into slow cooker. Cook, covered, on high until slightly thickened, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in parsley.
Nutritional facts Per each of 6 servings: about
- Sodium 731 mg
- Protein 49 g
- Calories 392.0
- Total fat 16 g
- Potassium 1026 mg
- Cholesterol 201 mg
- Saturated fat 4 g
- Total carbohydrate 13 g
- Iron 26.0
- Folate 20.0
- Calcium 5.0
- Vitamin A 32.0
- Vitamin C 147.0