- Portion size 4 servings
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 skinless chicken thighs (or 4 breasts)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 smoked sausages sliced (6 oz/175 mL)
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 can tomato
- 1 sweet green pepper chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
In plastic bag, combine flour and pepper. Add chicken; shake to coat. Reserve remaining flour mixture. In skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken all over, about 10 minutes. Remove to plate; set aside.
Add onion and garlic to pan; cook over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add sausages, celery and seasoning; cook for 1 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add reserved flour mixture.
Stir in tomatoes and pepper; bring to boil. Return chicken to pan; reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 35 minutes or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced.
Serve sprinkled with green onions.