Roll up this salad in warm tortillas with a dollop of light sour cream if you wish.
- Portion size 4 servings
- 1 lb inside round steak (about 1 inch/2.5 cm thick)
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1 avocado peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 8 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Dressing: In small bowl, whisk together oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, chili powder, oregano, cumin, salt and hot pepper sauce.
Place steak in glass dish just big enough to hold steak. Remove 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the dressing; brush all over steak. Let stand for 30 minutes at room temperature.
Meanwhile, in bowl, combine tomatoes, avocado, coriander, onion and all but 1 tbsp (15 mL) dressing.
Place steak on greased grill over medium-high heat; cook, turning once, for about 14 minutes or until medium-rare. Transfer to cutting board; tent with foil and let stand for 5 minutes. Thinly slice across the grain.
Line plates with lettuce; mound salsa salad on top. Arrange steak over salad, drizzling with any accumulated juices. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
Nutritional facts <b>Per serving:</b> about
- Protein 26 g
- Calories 370.0
- Total fat 25 g
- Total carbohydrate 12 g