With spiced-up ground beef, this quick dinner fix is moist, tangy and delicious.
- Prep time 10 minutes
- Total time 25 minutes
- Portion size 4 servings
- 1 cup (250 mL) Minute Rice® Instant White Rice
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 lb (500 g) extra-lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) chili powder
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen corn
- 1 cup (250 mL) halved trimmed green beans
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) medium chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) beef broth
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) butter
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) Tex Mex shredded cheese
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
Heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook beef and chili powder, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until browned. Stir in corn and beans. Add salsa and broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer for about 3 minutes or until beans are tender-crisp.
Meanwhile, in small saucepan, bring 1 cup (250 mL) water, butter and salt to boil. Stir in rice and turn off heat. Cover and let stand for about 5 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with fork.
Serve beef mixture alongside rice. Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro.
Nutritional facts Per serving
- Fibre 3 g
- Sodium 500 mg
- Sugars 4 g
- Protein 35 g
- Calories 440
- Total fat 19 g
- Cholesterol 90 mg
- Saturated fat 8 g
- Total carbohydrate 33 g