Serve this with a sliced baguette to soak up all the deliciously spicy sauce.
- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: June 2007
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 sweet green pepper chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can tomato drained and chopped
- 4 oz chorizo sausages sliced
- 4 oz cured chorizo sausages sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced roasted red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 eggs
MethodIn large shallow saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, green pepper, pepper and oregano, stirring often, until softened, about 8 minutes.
Add tomatoes, chorizo, red pepper and hot pepper sauce; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thick enough that spoon drawn across bottom of pan leaves space, about 25 minutes. (Make-ahead: Let cool for 30 minutes. Refrigerate, uncovered, in airtight container until cold. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours; reheat.) Stir in peas and parsley.
Divide among four 1-cup (250 mL) gratin dishes or pour into 5-cup (1.25 L) gratin dish. Break 1 egg into each small dish or spaced around large dish. Cover each with foil; bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake until whites are set and yolks still runny, about 5 minutes.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 389 mg
- Protein 12 g
- Calories 211.0
- Total fat 12 g
- Cholesterol 200 mg
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Total carbohydrate 15 g
- Iron 21.0
- Folate 26.0
- Calcium 9.0
- Vitamin A 22.0
- Vitamin C 125.0