A tangy, nutritious, and as-spicy-as-you-want-it way to get one of your weekly fish servings. Delicious with a side of steamed broccoli.
- Portion size 2 servings
- Credits : Violet Rahja
- 2 slices bread
- 1 can chunk tuna
- 1 can solid white tuna
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 green onions
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sriracha sauce or up to 1 tsp
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 2 oz sharp Cheddar cheese shredded
Method1. Pre-heat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Chop the red pepper, leaving it quite chunky (3/4 " pieces), and place in a medium bowl.
3. Chop the green onions into big pieces (1/2" - 3/4") and place in bowl.
4. Drain tuna; place in bowl. Add mayonnaise, mustard, sriracha, and black pepper.
5. Very gently, using a fork, combine the ingredients. Do not mash up the tuna; instead, leave some chunks.
6. Place bread slices on prepared pan. Pile tuna mixture evenly on the bread (and you will need to pile it!). Top tuna with shredded cheddar.
7. Bake in oven 'til cheese is melted and bubbly.
8. Eat with a knife and fork.