- Portion size 30 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: May 2005
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bag spinach cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (or 1 tsp/5mL dried dillweed)
- 30 baguette slices
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
MethodIn large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat; fry pine nuts, stirring, until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic, salt and pepper; fry for 30 seconds. Stir in spinach and dill; mix well.
Meanwhile, broil baguette slices until golden, about 1 minute per side. Spoon 1 tbsp (15 mL) spinach mixture onto each slice; top with crumbled feta cheese.